1. Privacy Notice
Accredital’s core mission is to match candidates with a job they love and to connect the world’s most innovative companies with top tech talent. It is, therefore, an essential part of Our Service that information You submit through the Service be made available to other Users. Your information may also be shared with other Accredital Services of which You are not a User, as well as potentially transmitted to third-parties as set forth herein. Accredital is committed to protecting the privacy of its Users and the information that You share in connection with Your use of Accredital’s Services. This Privacy Notice describes how We collect, use, share, transfer, and disclose Your Personal Information. This Privacy Notice applies to information We collect when You access and/or use Our Services. Accredital may provide additional notices through Our Services in addition to these practices or provide You additional choices about how Accredital may process Your Personal Information. If You have any questions about this Privacy Notice, please contact Us at [email protected].
By submitting information, including Personal Information, through Our Services, You agree to the terms of this Privacy Notice, If You do not agree, You should discontinue use of the Services immediately.
Changes to this Privacy Notice. We may change the provisions of this Privacy Notice at any time and will indicate when changes have been made by revising the date at the top of this Privacy Notice. We encourage You to review the Privacy Notice whenever You access Services to make sure that You understand Our information collection, use, and disclosure practices. When We make material changes to this Privacy Notice, We will provide You with prominent notice as appropriate under the circumstances, e.g., by displaying a prominent notice within the Service or by sending You an email. We may notify You in advance.
2. Categories of Personal Information
3. Sources of Information
- When Accessing and Using Services. We receive Your Personal Information when (and/or in relation to): You contact Us, create an Account, interact with us or other Users.
- Social Media Platforms. If You contact Us through Our Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter or another similar service (“Social Media Platform”), We may have access to the profile information associated with Your Social Media Platform account. We may also be able to access information contained in Cookies placed on the device used to access and use the applicable Social Media Platform. “Cookies” are text-only pieces of information that a website transfers to an individual’s hard drive or other website-browsing equipment for record-keeping purposes. Cookies allow Services to remember important information that will make Your use of Services more convenient.
- Personal Network Information and Log Data. We also collect Your public IP address when You visit or access Our Services. We may use Your public IP address in order to determine whether certain requests are fraudulent or frivolous and We may automatically cross-reference Your public IP address with Your domain name. When accessing Services from Your personal network, Your IP address and any associated domain name will be treated as Your “Personal Network Information”. “Log Data” does not include Personal Network Information.
- Things Others Do and Information They Provide About You. We also receive and analyze communications and information from other Users related to Your use of Services. This can include information about Your performance and your ability to meet the obligations associated with a potential hiring arrangement.
- Device Information. As described in further detail below, We collect information from and about the computers, mobile devices, and other web-connected devices that You use in connection with Our Services, and We combine this information across different devices You use. For example, We use information collected about Your use of Services on Your mobile device to better personalize features associated with Our Services based on the type of computing device You use to access Services. Device information may also include the following:
- Device attributes: Information such as the operating system, hardware and software versions, battery level, signal strength, available storage space, browser type, app and file names and types, and plugins.
- Device operations: Information about operations performed on the device, such as whether a window is foregrounded or backgrounded, or mouse movements (which can help distinguish humans from bots).
- Identifiers: Unique identifiers, device IDs, and other identifiers, such as from games, apps or accounts You use, and family device IDs (or other identifiers unique to Services associated with the same device or Account).
- Device signals: Bluetooth signals, and information about nearby Wi-Fi access points, beacons, and cell towers.
- Data from device settings: Information You allow us to receive through device settings You turn on, such as access to Your GPS location, camera, or photos.
- Network and connections: Information such as the name of Your mobile operator or ISP, language, time zone, mobile phone number, IP address, connection speed, and, in some cases, information about other devices that are connected to Services nearby or on Your network, so We can do things like help You locate Shippers and Carriers.
4. How We Use the Information We Collect
We use Your Personal Information in connection with providing You with the Services and product features. Here are some examples of how We use Your information:
- To provide, develop, and enhance Services;
- Provide and deliver the products and Services You request, process transactions, and to send You related information including confirmations and invoices;
- To respond to feedback and monitor security of Services;
- To provide You with promotional communications, materials, and other third-party information that you may find interesting;
- To enforce Our terms or rights under any agreement between You and Accredital; and
- To perform any other action deemed necessary by Accredital in its provision of the Service, interactions with You, or any other third-party.
We may also store information locally on Your device, for instance in Your local cache. Accredital reserves the right to review any information to help resolve problems with Our Services or to ensure compliance with Our Terms of Service.
How We Share Your Information
6. Email Communication
7. Public Profile
8. Cookies and Tracking Technologies
10. Retention, Modification, or Deletion of Your Information
You may change any of Your Personal Information in Your account by editing Your profile within Your account. Generally, Accredital will retain User Personal Information for as long as Your account is active or as needed to provide You Services. We may retain certain User Personal Information indefinitely, unless You delete it or request its deletion. For example, We don’t automatically delete inactive User accounts, so unless You choose to delete Your account, We will retain Your account information indefinitely or as long as allowable by law, whichever comes first.
If You would like to cancel Your account or delete Your User Personal Information, You may do so in Your User account, but We may retain and use Your information as necessary to comply with Our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce Our agreements before any such deletion. After an account has been deleted, certain data, such as messages to other Users and comments, will remain. However, We will delete or deidentify Your Personal Information, including Your User name and email address, by associating them with an anonymous User. When We delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in Our archives.